What apps should I download? This is a question I see and get asked quite often. With apps in the Android
Market numbering in the hundreds of thousands, it is pretty easy to get overwhelmed. Have no fear young Android user, for The Gurus are here to help! In this Guru Gotta Have It special, we will break down the first group of Android apps
we recommend for any user.
– Weather and Clock widget with hundreds of great high quality skins to customize your look and feel.
Dolphin Browser HD
- This is a great browser replacement with tons of features and plugins the stock browser does not come with. You can customize it with themes, back up your bookmarks to a memory card, and use on screen gestures.
Pulse News Reader
– This is a great, visually pleasurable news reader app. Pulse has a ton of great sources built in as well as the ability to sync with Google
Reader. It even marks the stories you’ve read as, well, read in Reader.
– This app is the Swiss Army knife of memo/todo/bookmarks/notes and more. It keeps everything saved in the cloud and there is even a Chrome extension, iOS app, and web service.
– ZDbox is the best all in one “toolbox” for your Android phone. It packs a quick uninstaller, can move apps to your memory card, system monitoring, and much much. Best thing is it is 100% safe for your phone and wont cause issues like auto task killers.
– DoubleTwist is the media solution your Android phone is missing. It supports wireless wifi syncing, Airplay, DLNA to Xbox and PS3 and its a great mediaplayer for music and movies.
IMDB- A must have for and movie buff or TV shoe fan. Not only do you get database at your finger tips, but this app alao contains news, a widget, and using Google’s built in search, a super quick way to find what you want. Just tie it too the Google search app in the settings and when you search, IMDB will show as a search field option.
Hopefully these apps will give those of you new to Android a nice start. We aimed this post at the best apps for new Android users, however these are must have apps for a user of any level.
Need any specific suggestion, drop me a line on Twitter or Google+ and I’d be glad to help out!