Anderweb, the developer behind ADW Launcher, has just announced a major new version of the poplular launcher for Android named ADW Launcher EX! This new version includes some awesome new updates. Check out the full presser and video below!
ADWLauncher EX is based on the ADW.Launcher opensource code with a lot of new additions and improvements, like for example:
- 5 different app drawer styles/behaviors
- 3D Nexus One like applications drawer
- 2 different plain vertical applications drawers styles, the “old one” and a new fast and smooth one
- 2 different Iphone-like horizontal applications drawers, a traditional paginated one and a new one with continuous fling
- Different desktop transitions (8 at the moment): new animations while navigating through your desktop screens. Try them all, they’re crazy!!!
- New Icons configurations/look and feel: Tweak your desktop icons, change its sizes, add coloured backgrounds, change font size, color, etc!
- New fast presets mode: Quickly change the whole desktop configuration by 1 click!
- Editable desktop icons for applications, shortcuts and folders!
- Lots of code improvements
- More, more more to come!!
Via [ ADW Things]
We are so happy to announce we finally have an app!! All you Android owners out there, fire up the Android Market and snag a copy of The Gadget Gurus App!!! The app features streaming of every single one of our episodes, show synopsis, contacts links, and we will be putting in some extras for you guys as well. If you guys enjoy the show and would like to support the Gurus, download our app and enjoy!!
Dont worry iPhone owners, and iOS version is in the works and will be available very soon!!
So you launch a new device that does something ‘magical’ and then the software partner behind the magic has a bit of an off day. Welcome to EVO and Qik – “Behind the Lense”
Seems that while Qik was behind all this two-way-video-chat business they forgot to build up their system to handle the launch day load. I don’t have hard facts here on how many EVO’s were tossed into the wild on launch day, but I do know that even Sprint’s system couldnt keep up with the madness that is EVO.
The short version…it failed and Qik pulled the app from the market…they’ll be back when they figure this mess out.
Dialer One is a a dialer app replacement with many nice extras. For us vanilla Android users, we are missing the T9 style dialing that comes stock in Sense UI. I find it much quicker to type a few digits to find a contact rather than using the search function and spell out their name. The other really nice feature of Dialer One is its level of customization. You can choose between two themes or use your own wallpaper as the background. I have found it even works with live wallpapers and looks really cool. Dialing is super fast and you can have both vibrate and sound feedback if you would like. This app has quickly replaced the stock dialer on my Nexus One.
I use my phone for many things, one of the most important things I us is the calendar. If you have used Windows Mobile or Blackberry phones, you know how nice it is to have your calendar’s agenda on your home screen. With Android devices, Google has their own clalendar widget, but it leaves much to be desired. The Pure Calendar widget by Koxx will fill just about every calendar need you have. There are multiple size layouts, any thing from 2×2 all the way to full screen 4×4, so fitting the widget on your screen is no issue at all. The text size, color, widget size, transparency, skin, are all customizable. Almost every aspect of the widget can be tweaked to your preference.